Monday, April 4, 2011

The Name Game


Thanks to Megan :]
This is what happens when your husband works night shift...
How did you parents decide on your name?
Well, they never really agreed on my name. It was supposed to be Rachel Diane and when my mother was all drugged up she decided "Kaitlyn" but my wonderful Father wanted me to be "Kady," which has caused so many fun name calling events to take place growing up- Thanks Daddy, why not "Katie?"
So I'm "Kaitlyn" but called "Kady" and obviously you know that if you are reading my blog!

Do your initials (first/middle/last) spell anything funny?
KMOB. Well, I just sound like I should be in some gang or something K-MOB.
But no they don't spell anything.

Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you drop your middle name and take your maidenname as your middle name?  (Or if unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I had a hard time letting my "name" go. I mean I've been Kaitlyn Michelle Oliver my entire life, I didn't think it would be as hard as it was to get let go of Michelle or Oliver so I just decided to be Kaitlyn Michelle Oliver Bluthardt :)

Are you or will you name your children systematically (ie, same first letter, same origin, etc?)
Um, I have thought about naming them with a "K" but my luck I'll have ALL boys and there aren't very many "K" names for boys.

Did you decide on names as a little girl?  Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I have and my friends and family know that I've always wanted to name my little girl a certain name :) We'll see if it happens one day!

Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Yes, mainly on my Father's side... my brother's names were from my dad's side of the family.

Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
Lately, I've come across some names that have really neat meanings but it's just been because I like the names, hasn't been on purpose. 

Do you name pet names with human names or dog names?
I named Walker after a person- I just really liked the name.

Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience or someone you once knew?
Yes, I think everyone does.
What are some of your favorite names and why?
My favorite name for a girl is Rian. I've always loved the name and my oldest brother's name is Ryan (so I changed the Y to an I). I guess I like "boy" names for girls. I also really like Kaley and Parker for a girl.
For a boy, I love "Caleb," but have already been told no.
I will use "Chapman" for my boy's middle name after my Dad and brother.
I could go on and on... but when it seriously is time to think of names for children... I'll be better at it ;)


Your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment